The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), the largest trade association in the nation, is currently seeking a human resources consultant to join our Leadership Development team in Chicago, IL.
At NAR, you’ll join an organization that values employees’ professional growth and fosters a culture built upon our core values: EXCELLENCE, RESPECT, TRUST, and CREATIVITY.
You’ll also enjoy a generous benefits package that includes everything you’d expect, plus mobile phone reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, and -- after only a year – Association contributions to both a Pension account and a Flex Plan, which provides you with a menu of other benefits from which to choose.
NAR offers a collegial, supportive, quality-driven HR team with a competitive compensation package.
If you’re a senior-level HR professional with a solid work history that demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and the ability to work independently, we’d love to hear from you!
MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY The REALTOR® Association Human Resources Consultant provides mission-critical Human Resources support to over 1,300 state and local REALTOR® Association Executives (AEs) and leadership. Such support includes guidance relative to helping our leaders find a new Association executives, structures, policies, employee relations and strategic workforce planning. Willingness to travel an average of 50 %. Experience in recruiting / compensation and strong service orientation required, as is the ability to generate and close new business.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL-INCLUSIVE): • Conduct executive searches and provide general recruiting assistance
• Provide human resources and association management consulting to state/local association executives and their leadership
• Facilitate strategic planning sessions
• Provide leadership and guidance on employee relations issues
• Conduct workforce planning sessions (a background in organization design/development desirable)
• Manage direct report responsible for recruiting and compensation analysis
• Develop resources to assist Association Executives with all of the above
Key skills: • Ideal candidates will have senior-level consulting experience working with volunteer leaders or Associations. Ability to balance diplomacy and tact with confidence/conviction relative to recommendations is a must.
• Minimum of 7 years’ related experience required. Candidates must demonstrate credibility / subject matter expertise in consulting role with AEs and their leaders. HR or business degree and SPHR or other related HR certification preferred.
• Solid project management and time management / organizational skills
• Creativity in marketing and promoting service-based offerings to drive demand
Solid business development skills and track record of increased revenue
Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
Ability to simplify and explain complex issues
Ability and willingness to travel approximately 50%
National Association of REALTORS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About National Association of REALTORS®
The National Association of REALTORS® is America's largest trade association, representing over 1.1 million members, including NAR's institutes, societies, and councils, involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries.