The Vice President of Business Development will be a dynamic and entrepreneurial person on AMC’s leadership team leading business development and corporate marketing for both full-service clients and consulting. The person is responsible for creating and executing strategy around business development, including revenue generation to meet business goals, prospecting, marketing, relationship management, environmental scanning, and P&L management. The person will also have the ability to lead and influence cross-functionally across the company, collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders, and execute on an aligned and agreed upon vision.
As a member of the leadership team, the person will collaboratively review and analyze business performance on a regularly scheduled basis, while also developing and measuring the progress of major initiatives in alignment with both short-term and long-term strategic objectives. Leadership team members share accountability for a common purpose.
AMC’s full service growth opportunities are primarily focused on healthcare related professional associations and consulting business is primarily focused on governance, leadership development, strategic planning, market research and product development.
This person will oversee a team of AMC staff who will support the business development and marketing strategic efforts, as well as a pool of consultants on a contract basis supporting the consulting business.
• Create, execute, and monitor a strategic business development plan and collaborate with Leadership Team on business development goals to achieve corporate objectives for full service and consulting business.
• Develop, in partnership with creative team staff, and others, a strategic marketing plan to achieve corporate objectives for full-service and consulting business; work in partnership with creative team, and others, to operationalize the strategy.
• Develop and execute comprehensive operational plans and programs, both short and long range, to support the strategic business development and marketing efforts to achieve revenue objectives.
• Raise AMC’s visibility and thought leadership through relationship building, networking, presenting, authoring articles, and other methods.
• Use existing and new relationships with association professionals throughout the United States to expand AMC’s presence and influence in the association marketplace.
• Play the lead role in evaluating RFPs and crafting proposals and presentations for prospective full-service and consulting clients.
• Effectively use staff resources and consultant expertise to drive business growth.
• Provide oversight of new client onboarding.
• Create, forecast, manage, and be accountable for financial goals and budget while re-prioritizing for improved ROI.
• Define growth opportunities through industry, client, and competitor analysis.
• Manage and supervise staff on a daily basis, including the hiring, promotion, compensation, evaluation, and termination of such staff consistent with the company’s employment practices and policies.
• Meet travel requirements for business development and marketing needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, Master’s a plus.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience with 5 years in a similar business development role.
• Hands-on knowledge of the association industry, healthcare a plus.
• Proven leadership and demonstrated ability to drive business goals, build relationships, and close new business prospects.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate across functional teams and business.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment and workload.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Reliable, consistent, and trustworthy in all day-to-day operations.
• Customer service attitude and skills: Courteous and team player attitude, commitment, patience, enthusiasm, creativity, listening, comprehension, initiative, cooperation, attention to detail, resourceful.
• Professionalism: Good judgment; ability to interact with all levels of staff, clients, prospective clients, consultants, and vendors; appropriate demeanor and appearance; confidence.
• People and team leadership experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat)
• Commitment to company values.
About Association Management Center
Association Management Center is an internationally recognized, award-winning management company and one of the largest association management firms in the world. AMC is a trusted partner to more than 25 leading national and international organizations and has a staff of more than 200 association professionals.