The Web Services & AMS Manager is responsible for the oversight of the association's administration, maintenance and support for all database and web activities. This position is responsible for developing a clear understanding of NARI's business needs and ensuring timely and cost-effective delivery of appropriate database, website and other related services. Support staff program requirements by providing technical support and problem resolution, assisting with the creation of reports and queries, ensuring that staff is trained in the proper use of NetForum Enterprise. Develop and implement policies to guide input, and ensure databases and website effectively capture member information and generate accurate membership, financial and analytical reports. Manage external vendor relationships and provide ongoing training and support to database and web site users. Reports directly to the COO.
1. Develop processes and solutions with other stakeholders to enhance the customer database, and web site constituent services and experiences.
2. Develop and execute business plans for development and implementation of new systems or added functionality.
3. Serve as technical database expert to staff and members and provide training as needed.
4. Work with related departments and external vendors to facilitate the integration and transfer of data between the web site and NARI's internal AMS and other databases
5. Maintain continuous relationship with vendors to assure proper functionality, report and resolve issues, and identify improvements.
6. Proactively troubleshoot database and other applications.
7. Create standardized queries that provide insight into member trends and system functionality.
8. As the web services manager, ensure that cross-training occurs within the marketing department.
9. Develop and monitor annual AMS and web services budget and assist other departments with obtaining costs proposals for future needs.
10. Other technology duties as required
11. Maintain functionality and integrity of NARI databases.
12. Troubleshoot database problems as they arise, submit and follow-up on help desk tickets to ensure timely resolution of database problems.
13. Develop quality control standards for data integrity
14. Create guidelines and documentation to ensure consistency in the use of databases (SOPS)
15. Develop and execute queries for departments as needed.
Web/Online Services Management
16. Serve as the web services manager in the duties assigned.
17. Contribute to development of the web site strategic plan and co-manage with the Marketing department its implementation.
18. Ensure the effective integration of the NARI web site with other NARI-related web sites.
19. Work with end users and service providers to evaluate and solve technical problems. Evaluate existing systems and/or user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement system changes.
QUALIFICATIONS Education: Bachelor's Degree required. At least five years' experience with database administration.
· Minimum of three years' experience with Community Brands NetForum Enterprise or similar product preferably for a membership association.
· Knowledge of association a plus.
· Ability to collaborate and actively support the work efforts of colleagues.
· Ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff in a collegial and productive manner.
· Working knowledge of Community Brands NetForum Enterprise or similar database including Toolkit and form building
· Knowledge of Transact SQL including adding and changing columns, updating records, creating tables, etc.
· Knowledge of xWeb for web services and integrations, or demonstrated experience working with integrations and APIs in another AMS.
· Ability to analyze the business processes and design the best NetForum Enterprise solution.
Skills and Abilities:
· Strong experience in troubleshooting and a proactive approach to resolving technical support issues.
· Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical associates.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and other users.
· Ability to think strategically, multi-task, and create collaboration among internal and external groups.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
About National Association of the Remodeling Industry
The National Association of the Remodeling Industry is the nation's only trade association dedicated exclusively to the professional remodeling industry. NARI is a not-for-profit, national trade association established in 1982 that promotes ethical conduct and sound business practices for the benefit of the entire professional remodeling industry and the consumers it serves. We are conveniently located in downtown Des Plaines, IL near the Metra train.